Sunday, November 4, 2018
ROUGHRIDERS TO HOST BLUE BOMBERS IN 2018 CFL WESTERN SEMIFINAL
The Saskatchewan Roughriders (12-6) will host the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (10-8) in the 2018 Canadian Football League Western Semifinal next Sunday, November 11.
With Calgary's 26-9 win at BC on Saturday night, the Stampeders clinched first-place in the CFL West Division standings at 13-5. That means Calgary has earned a bye in the semifinal round, and will host the West Division Final on Sunday, November 18.
The Stampeders will face the winner of the 2nd-place Roughriders and the 3rd-place Blue Bombers.
Kickoff in the WSF will be at 3:30 pm CT at Mosaic Stadium on TSN and the 620 CKRM Rider Radio Network.
- This marks the first time Saskatchewan has hosted a playoff game since 2013 and will be the first playoff game at new Mosaic Stadium. The same year the Riders last hosted a playoff game was the year they last won the Grey Cup.
- Saskatchewan has a 23-26-1 (.588) home record in the playoffs.
- Winnipeg’s road record in the playoffs is 21-32 (.396)
- The last time the two teams met in the CFL Playoffs was the 2007 Grey Cup in Toronto when Saskatchewan prevailed 23-19.
- The teams met in the regular season on three occasions. Week 12 saw the Roughriders win at home 31-23. Week 13 saw Saskatchewan sweep the home and home series following a 32-27 victory. In the final matchup Winnipeg shutout Saskatchewan 31-0 at Investors Group Field during Week 18.
*Tickets are available at Riderville.com, Ticketmaster.ca, the Mosaic Stadium ticket office or by phone at 1-888-4-RIDERS.