Monday, October 29, 2018
CFL 2018 PLAYOFF SCENARIOS
Calgary Win OR Tie = Calgary clinches first place in the West Division and will host the Western Final on November 18. In this scenario Saskatchewan will host the Western Semi-Final against the Winnipeg on November 11.
Calgary Loss = Saskatchewan clinches first place in the West Division and will host the Western Final on November 18 via tie breaker (head-to-head two wins to one loss). In this scenario Calgary will host the Western Semi-Final against Winnipeg on November 11.
East Division playoffs are set.
BC Lions will crossover into the East Division and play the Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Tim Hortons Field on November 11.
Calgary Stampeders clinched a home playoff date
Saskatchewan Roughriders clinched a home playoff date
Ottawa REDBLACKS clinched the East Division title and will host the Eastern Final on November 18
Hamilton Tiger-Cats will host the Eastern Semi-Final on November 11 and will play the West Division crossover team, the BC Lions
BC Lions clinched a playoff berth and will become the West Division crossover team
Winnipeg Blue Bombers clinched a playoff berth and will be the visitors in the Western Semi-Final
- If Calgary wins this week they will enter the Western Final for the seventh consecutive season.
- Edmonton holds the record for most consecutive division finals with 10 (1973-1982)
- BC Lions become the crossover team for the fifth time in their history – the most all time
- If Calgary loses, they will host the Western Semi-Final for the first time since 2015
- Hamilton will host a crossover team for the third time