Wednesday, May 9, 2018
JIM HOPSON, JOHN TERRY NAMED TO 2018 PLAZA OF HONOUR CLASS
The 32nd annual Plaza of Honour presented by SaskTel has inducted 127 individuals who have made major contributions to the proud tradition of the Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club. The club has also inducted the 1966, 1989 and 2007 Grey Cup championship teams.
The SaskTel Plaza of Honour event is known as one of Saskatchewan’s most prestigious sports receptions and has contributed over $6 million to the Saskatchewan Roughrider Football Club.
This year’s event is set for Friday, August 17th at Mosaic Stadium. The cocktail-style reception will include ticketing options for access to either the AGT Lounge or seating in the stadium’s main bowl.
For information on tickets contact the Saskatchewan Roughrider Ticket Office at 1-888-474-3377 or any committee member.
President & CEO
- Born in Regina, SK in 1951.
- Named the Roughriders’ first President & CEO in 2005. Retired in 2015.
- Under his guidance the Riders excelled as a business and achieved record profits. The organization was: Recognized with Paragon Awards for both marketing and community involvement; named as one of Saskatchewan’s Top 100 companies; selected one of Saskatchewan’s Top 20 Employers; a regional winner for Most Admired Corporate Culture; and an Honorary ABEX Award Winner.
- During his tenure the Riders played in four Grey Cup championships, winning in 2007 and 2013.
Honoured with the 2014 Hugh Campbell Distinguished Leadership Award for his contributions to the Canadian Football League, the game of football and Canada’s sporting culture.
- Began his football career in high school with the Thom Collegiate Trojans. He then went on to play for the Regina Rams prior to joining the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
- Spent four seasons on the Riders’ offensive line playing 36 career games.
- Born in Greenwood, South Carolina in 1968.
- Played six CFL seasons at left tackle with the Roughriders.
- Played his college football at Livingstone College in Salisbury, North Carolina.
- Originally acquired in April, 1996 from the Toronto Argonauts.
- Played 96 regular-season games with the Green and White.
- Played in two playoff games.
- Played in the 1997 Grey Cup game.
- Selected West Division All-Star in 1997, 1998, and 1999.