Friday, May 25, 2018
FRIDAY RIDER CAMP PHOTOS AND UPDATE
Here's some photographic evidence of Friday's Day 6 workout at 2018 Saskatchewan Roughriders Training Camp ..
The most versatile PR guy in the CFL ... Ryan Pollock participating in drills!
Veteran punter Josh Bartel unloads ..
Naaman Roosevelt and Chad Owens do their thing ..
Long, lean and agile Mitch Picton had back-to-back strong days ..
RB Marcus Thigpen looking sharp ..
B.J. Daniels cocks the gun ..
Fullback Spencer ball throws the lacrosse ball around with Saskatchewan Rush player Ryan Dilks. The Rush host the Rochester Knighthawks Saturday night in Game 1 of the NLL Finals ...
- The update from Friday's Rider workout is that there is no update. Head Coach & GM Chris Jones said we'll have to wait until Saturday's walk-through to learn the roster for Sunday's preseason game at Edmonton (3:00 pm, TSN, 620 CKRM Rider Radio Network), and the QB rotation. He also mentioned, "It's not that we have any secrets. We have a lot of players to evaluate."
- Jones said Friday was probably the "flattest" performance as an overall group of training camp. He did, however, single out the receiver group for having an otherwise strong day.
- I asked the coach if this is the defense he envisioned when he began this rebuild in 2016, however he said Friday was not indicative of what he wants to see. "We had trouble playing fast today," Jones observed.
- The highlight of the day might have been Duron Carter picking off David Watford in one of the few reps he took at quarterback.
- Rookie DB Nick Marshall again lined up at cornerback with the first team defense and Jones said,"As you can see, he gets his hand on a lot of balls". Marshall was a QB at Auburn and a kick returner in the NFL. "Nick's just a good all-around player," Jones offered.
- Once again we'll have the SportsCage at 4:00 pm from Griffiths Stadium on 620 CKRM. It'll be an abbreviated Four Seasons Football Friday as we turn the show over to Mitchell Blair at 5:30 pm from the Memorial Cup in advance of tonight's semifinal between the Regina Pats and the Hamilton Bulldogs, also on 620 CKRM.