The Roughriders held their final full practice of the week on Friday as they prepare to host the Calgary Stampeders on Sunday (2:00 pm, TSN, 620 CKRM Rider Radio Network). Here are some notes:
- Head Coach & GM Chris Jones reported returner Marcus Thigpen will miss this game with an injury sustained last week in Hamilton.
- Rookie returner Christion Jones will return to the roster to return punts after missing the past handful of games with injury.
- Jones confirmed WR Duron Carter WILL play after healing sufficiently from an ankle injury suffered in Hamilton.
- There are online reports that the Riders have re-signed veteran returner Joe Craig.
- Lineman Derek Dennis said the Riders aren't specifically after redemption after falling 37-20 in Calgary in July. He said they simply want to put forth a much better showing than they did in that game. Dennis also said he's enjoyed the move to guard from left tackle because it allows him to be much more physical.
- Chris Jones said that although Stamps running back Jerome Messam listed himself as a game time decision with a neck injury, he expects Messam will play on Sunday.
- This is Plaza weekend and Rider greats Wes Cates and Roger Brandvold were inducted into the franchise's Hall of Fame on Friday evening. Chris Jones said it's a "big honour" to represent the Rider organization and he stressed to the players this game's historical importance.
- Cates and Brandvold were also honoured at a noon brunch at the Ramada and the event featured CFL Commissioner Randy Ambrosie. Ambrosie told the crowd he's honoured to be in attendance for the weekend and said New Mosaic Stadium is a "cathedral to our game".
- Rider President Craig Reynolds spoke as well and joked that the Riders are 2-0 when Ambrosie attends a game in Regina.
- The Riders will hold a walk-through Saturday at 10:30 am at Mosaic Stadium.