The results were confirmed by an MRI in Toronto.
Jones said Young is now likely facing a 4-6 week rehab but he's "taking it like a man" and is doing the necessary treatment with the football club in Saskatoon.
Jones said it's yet to be determined if Young will do the rehab back at his home in Austin, TX, home of his alma mater, the Texas Longhorns.
OTHER NOTES FROM JONES:
- Monday's practice - the first since Saturday's 25-25 preseason tie with Winnipeg - was "sluggish" on defense according to the coach. He said he was disapointed with the compete level.
- The team thought rookie draftee OL Dariusz Bladek was a great player going into the draft, and he keeps getting better rep by rep.
- Punter Josh Bartel and long-snapper Jorgen Hus were activated for the first time of camp and participated in Monday's workout. Jones said he was "very proud" of rookie long-snapper Alexander Gagne for his performance in Saturday's game, and all through camp.
- Sophomore kicker Quinn Van Gylswyk was 4/4 on field goals against Winnipeg and Jones said the added bonus with him is that he can perform all three kicking chores. Jones said it'll be an interesting battle at the kicking position for the rest of camp.
- Jones said there's an extremely good competition forming amongst the team's wealth of Canadian linebackers. He mentioned the improved play of Kevin Francis along with newcomer Brandyn Bartlett, rookie Alexander Chevrier and veteran Dillon Grondin who all showed well on Saturday. With the impending arrival of #2 overall draft pick Cameron Judge, the club has a wealth of options in that area.
- Asked if the Riders will look at bringing in another quarterback due to the injury to Vince Young, Jones answered, "Possibly".
- Meanwhile quarterback Kevin Glenn celebrated his 38th birthday on Monday, making him the CFL's oldest player. Glenn said he was doused by a Gatorade shower by his teammates but was thankful it wasn't worse, like being taped to the goalposts.
- Glenn is undoubtedly going to be the Riders' starting quarterback in Week 1 at Montreal so he he said he'd like as many reps as possible in this Friday's preseason finale at BC.
- Among those injured and missing practice on Day 16 of training camp were WR Rob Bagg, OL Josaih St. John and OL Brendon Labatte. Rookie OL Dariusz Bladek took reps with the first group in their absence.
- Day 17 of training camp will be held at Saskatoon's SMF Field on Tuesday beginning at 9:00 am.