Friday, December 16, 2016
SCRUFFY'S THIS N' THAT
- GAME ON!! Kavis Reed and Jacques Chapdelaine didn't publicly say it, but you know the Montreal Alouettes would love nothing more than to have Darian Durant under center in 2017 if he can't come to terms on a new deal with the Riders.
Does this change anything? It gives Durant some leverage now that another team is (or should be) interested. Does this make Chris Jones open the wallet a little wider? I still say DD goes to free agency meaning Rider Nation has more time to twist in the wind.
- The Saskatchewan Rush do a lot of advertising and marketing in Regina, but it would seem as if the team is happy in setting up roots in Saskatoon. The Rush are playing a game in Saskatoon tonight called "The Christmas Showdown" against the Calgary Roughnecks as they get ready to defend their title. I have had many person ask me "Do the Rush do anything in Regina?" The answer is no. Have their been any player appearances, clinics or exhibition games here? Saskatchewan's other professional team does a good job in catering to their northern fan base. I know there's a solid Rush faction in Regina and southern Saskatchewan--so much so to the point they should do some things in Regina.
- Steve Bryce just gets it. The Regina Rams coach knows his bread and butter is right here at home and why wouldn't it be when there are some very talented football players playing for the Thunder and in the high school system. Bryce got 4 local recruits to commit to the program Wednesday including a pair of players from Leboldus who have won the last 5 provincial championships. Of the 16 players Bryce has gotten to commit, 13 are from Saskatchewan and of that 13, 9 are from the Queen City. One Rams coach may have let some players get through the fence, but Bryce isn't. What you saw this year was not an anomaly!
- If Sidney Crosby and Connor McDavid are the best two players in the NHL, who is the 3rd?
- Zdeno Chara played his 1300th NHL game on Wednesday night. Is he a hall-of-famer? If they let Eric Lindros in, I say why not?
- Week 15 NFL Lock of The Week -- Chiefs over Titans
Week 15 NFL Upset of The Week ---Broncos over Patriots
- The "unis" worn by the Seattle Seahawks Thursday night in their game against the Rams are definitely one of the ugliest set of silks I've seen. Who approves some of this stuff? Who's kidding who, they looked like sidewalk chalk out there.
- I just want to make sure I have this straight. The Regina Pats are the number 1 junior hockey team in Canada, but will have no representation on Team Canada at the World Juniors. OhhhhhK!
- Is the WWE ever going to come back to Regina? Perhaps the more important question is will I get my Christmas shopping done!
That's all I got. Have a great weekend. Stay warm!