Tuesday, December 6, 2016
PRESS BOX SPORTS BAR RECAP: REGINA 5 KOOTENAY 4 OT
Jake Leschyshyn gave the Pats a 1-0 first period lead but in the second, the ICE scored three quick ones to lead 3-1.
The Pats responded with three of their own, two from Sam Steel and one from Adam Brooks and led 4-3 early in the third.
However Kootenay tied it up and forced OT.
That’s when Riley Woods jammed in his fourth of the year across the goal line as the Pats improved to 20-2-4-0 with the victory.
Tyler Brown made his 6th consecutive start in goal and stopped 46 of 50 shots for his 13th win.
Sergey Zborovskiy led the Pats offence with three assists.
- Adam Brooks point streak is now at 20 games (13G, 33A).
- Sergey Zborovskiy has three goals, eight assists and is plus 13 in his last three games.
- Kootenay outshot Regina 50-44.
- Regina was 0/1 on the powerplay and 7/8 killing penalties.
- The Pats improve their road record to 10-2-1-0 with the victory.
- The attendance was 1538.
The Pats conclude their road trip in Lethbridge against the Hurricanes on Wednesday. Puck drop is at 8 p.m. on 620 CKRM. Next game at the Brandt Centre is Friday December 9th at 7 p.m. against Swift Current. Tickets are available at reginapats.com or at the Brandt Centre Box Office.
(Courtesy Phil Andrews/ReginaPats.com)