|Keith Hershmiller Photography|
Robbie Holmes gave the Pats an early 1-0 lead with his first of the season but Logan Flodell shut down the Regina offence from there.
Gage Ramsay tied the game for Saskatoon in the second and after a scoreless third, the two clubs went to overtime.
35 seconds in, Jesse Shynkaruk potted his 10th to give the Blades the extra point and a 2-1 final score.
Flodell stopped 39 of 40 shots for Saskatoon while Tyler Brown made 29 stops on 31 shots in the defeat. Regina exits the weekend with a 21-2-6-0 record, and were 4-0-2-0 in the six games in eight days stretch.
- The Pats finished their busy week of six games in eight days with a 4-0-2-0 record.
- The Pats record against the East Division is now 7-0-2-0 on the year.
- All three of Robbie Holmes' goals in the WHL have come against Saskatoon.
- The Pats outshot the Blades 40-31.
- Regina was 0/2 on the powerplay and 4/4 killing penalties.
- The game was a sellout, at 6484.
The Pats return to action Friday in Moose Jaw against the Warriors at 7 p.m. on 620 CKRM. The Pats return to the Brandt Centre Saturday in a rematch with Moose Jaw at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at reginapats.com or at the Brandt Centre Box Office.
(Courtesy Phil Andrews/ReginaPats.com)