|Photo courtesy Carm Carteri|
The Saskatchewan Roughriders held Day 2 of their practice week at Carleton University in Ottawa on Wednesday as they prepare for Saturday's clash at Toronto (2:00 pm Sask Time kickoff, TSN, 620 CKRM Rider Network).
The Roughriders stayed in Eastern Canada following Friday's 32-30 overtime win at Ottawa which improved their record to 4-10, and left them on a three game winning streak.
Here are some notes:
- Leading rusher Curtis Steele was absent from the workout. Head Coach & GM Chris Jones said Steele is "banged up" and his status for Saturday's game is questionable.
- DT Linden Gaydosh was not at the practice despite having his rights acquired from Hamilton on Monday. Jones said Gaydosh is injured, and has been placed on the 6-game Injured List.
- Defensive back Justin Cox was limited in practice and Jones said he's suffering from "little dings" and will receive treatment all week leading up to Saturday's game.
- Darian Durant will start at quarterback against Toronto, despite the fact the Roughriders have been eliminated from playoff contention. Jones said several weeks ago that in this scenario, lots of different players would see action as the club plays out the string.
- Regarding whether any other quarterbacks will see action in Toronto Jones said, "We'll wait and see. The ultimate goal is to win the football game."
- The CFL trade deadline is 4:00 pm ET and Jones said the club fielded a "lotta calls" during Wednesday's practice. He said the team has received multiple trade offers but they'll have to "make sense".
- Jones will be on 620 CKRM's SportsCage Wednesday at 5:10 pm live from Ottawa.