SASKATOON -- Things cooled off for Wednesday's workout at Griffiths Stadium on Day 18 of Rider Training Camp 2016 presented by Coors Light. The temperature dipped to 18 degrees Celsius with a cloud cover and the wind picked up to 30 km/h.
Here are some notes:
- The biggest newsworthy item is the fact defensive end Justin Capicciotti returned to the field for the first time since Day 1 of training camp. He was worked in lightly however Coach Chris Jones revealed #7 will play Saturday at Edmonton (2:00 pm, 620 CKRM Roughriders Radio Network).
- In the full team period, the team had 10 series with Darian Durant quarterbacking three of them. B.J. Coleman and Brett Smith each directed two and Philip Sims led three. Sims was the most proficient, tossing touchdown passes to Josh Stanford and Ricky Collins. Collins' catch was an acrobatic effort, falling backwards and making the grab as the offense scrimmage the ball from the +7-yard line.
- Rob Bagg jumped out as well, making a shoestring grab off a short Darian Durant pass who was eluding three blitzers from his right side. On the same series, Bagg made a Spiderman-type catch as he continues to shine in training camp
- On Wednesday morning the Riders announced they've added defensive tackle Jonathan Williams and released receiver Shay Hodge. Williams is expected to play Saturday in Edmonton.
- The team's final training camp workout in Saskatoon will be held at 9:00 am on Thursday at Griffiths Stadium. Rain is in the forecast for the session.
|Capicciotti on field Wednesday|