|Voice of the Pats Phil Andrews|
- The Pats extended their winning streak to 6 games last night with a 5-4 shootout victory in Medicine Hat over the Tigers. The Pats gave up a 2 goal lead in the third but still managed to pick up the two points. Austin Wagner had a goal and an assist and Lane Zablocki scored the game winner in the 8th round of the shootout.
- Goaltender Tyler Brown has now won 7 consecutive starts in the Pats goal. The 18-year-old has a 2.41 GAA and a .932 save percentage in those starts, all have come in the month of February. An incredible run no doubt.
- The magic number for the Pats to clinch a spot in the post season for a third straight year is 5. 5 wins or 5 Saskatoon losses or any combination of Pats wins and Blades losses that adds up to 5. The team however has their sights set above, just 5 points back of Moose Jaw for 3rd in the division with 2 games in hand and 7 back of P.A. for 2nd with one game in hand. It's going to be a fun finish.
- Forward Adam Brooks was named both the WHL and CHL Player of the Week earlier this week. The 19-year-old had 13 points in 4 games icluding a 6 point effort against the Kootenay Ice on Friday. He is up to 98 on the year and one back of Dryden Hunt for the WHL scoring lead. This points race is a ton of fun to watch and it's shaping up to come down to the wire.
- The Saskatoon Blades are clinging to playoff hopes thanks to a good stretch where they have won 4 in a row. The Blades are currently 7 points back of Edmonton for the final wild card spot with 12 games left to play. Swift is 8 points back. They both need some help and need to win a lot of games down the stretch here to get in. I don't see it happening but you never know.
- The Pats are in Lethbridge tonight taking on the Hurricanes for the final time this season. The Pats are 2-1-0-0 in the season series so far with both wins coming at the Brandt Centre. Adam Brooks has 7 points in the previous three games. The Canes are dealing with some injuries at the moment. Giorgio Estephan has been out for a while and now Justin Gutierrez and leading scorer Brayden Burke are a little banged up. They have lost three in a row.
- Pats defenceman Connor Hobbs is on an absolute offensive tear since returning from his upper-body injury. The Washington Capitals prospect has 6 goals and 2 assists in 7 games. He is currently tied for 2nd among all WHL defenceman with 18 goals on the year. Imagine if he had played in every game this year... Still he is having a great season. Scored an absolute beauty in the shootout last night as well.
- Be sure to catch tonight's episode of Pats TV on Access 7 starting at 6:30. My guests this week are forward Adam Brooks, goaltender Tyler Brown and Head Coach and GM John Paddock.
That's it for today, talk to you from the rink tonight!