|Voice of the Pats Phil Andrews|
With 2015 coming to an end, here is a look at my top stories from the calendar year:
- January 2nd - The Regina Pats trade star forward Morgan Klimchuk to the Brandon Wheat Kings in exchange for forward Jesse Gabrielle.
January 4th - Team Canada wins gold at the World Junior Hockey Championships in Toronto with a 5-4 win over Russia.
- January 5th - The Pats trade captain Kyle Burroughs and forward Dryden Hunt to the Medicine Hat Tigers. In return the Pats received defenceman Connor Hobbs, a 2nd round pick in 2016 and a 3rd round pick in 2015.
- January 5th - The Pats made a second trade on this date, acquiring 15-year-old forward Jake Leschyshyn and a 2017 4th round pick from the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for forward Connor Gay, a 1st round pick in 2016, 2nd round pick in 2015 and a 7th rounder in 2017.
- January 6th - The Prince Albert Raiders trade forward Leon Draisiatl to the Kelowna Rockets.
- January 6th - The Pats trade defenceman Brady Reagan to the Lethbridge Hurricanes for Taylor Cooper.
- January 6th - The Pats name forward Braden Christoffer captain after the trade of Kyle Burroughs.
- January 7th - The Pats announce their new center ice score clock.
- January 20th - Connor Hobbs, Sergey Zborovskiy, Austin Wagner and Jesse Gabrielle all named to the NHL Central Scouting midterm rankings ahead of the 2015 draft.
- February 14th - Pats game scheduled in Prince Albert postponed due to bad weather.
- February 23rd - Pats complete second straight season sweep over the Saskatoon Blades with a 6-4 shootout win. Their 14th victory in a row over Saskatoon.
- March 1st - The Pats clinch a playoff spot with a 6-2 win over Moose Jaw.
- March 4th - Jake Leschyshyn joins the Pats for the remainder of the season and the playoffs.
- March 8th - Regina Pat Canadians complete round 1 sweep of the Yorkton Rawtec Maulers with a 8-1 win.
- March 10th - The Pats Sam Steel suffers season ending ankle injury in Prince Albert against the Raiders in a 5-3 loss.
- March 16th - The Pat Canadians remain perfect in the playoffs with a second sweep, this time over the Notre Dame Hounds with a 5-1 win.
- March 16th - Forward Adam Berg joins Pats full time after the Calgary Mustangs of the AJHL have their season come to a close.
- March 25th - Pats Head Coach and GM John Paddock named WHL Eastern Conference Coach of the Year. Defenceman Colby Williams named an 2nd Team All-Star.
- March 28th - Regina Pat Canadians win SMAAAHL Championship over the Battlefords Stars with a 2-1 win in game 4, taking the series 3 games to 1.
- April 1st - The Pats complete first playoff sweep since 1998 with a 4-0 win in Swift Current over the Broncos and advance to their first second round series since 2008.
- April 5th - Pat Canadians advance to the Telus Cup with a 5-1 win over the Pembina Valley Hawks in the Western Regional Tournament Final.
- April 17th - Pats elminated from the playoffs with a 3-2 OT loss in Brandon to the Wheat Kings. Brandon wins the series 4 games to 1.
- April 26th - Pat Canadians win a bronze medal at the Telus Cup with a 6-3 win over the UFA Bisons.
- April 27th - The Pats announce Chad Lang takes on new role with the team as Senior Advisor.
- April 29th - Marty Klyne hired as the Pats new Chief Operating Officer.
- May 6th - John Paddock named WHL Coach of the Year, winning the Dunc McCallum Memorial trophy.
- May 7th - The Pats select 9 players in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft including defenceman Dawson Barteaux, 14th overall.
- May 13th - Kelowna Rockets win WHL Championship, completing a sweep of the Brandon Wheat Kings with a 3-0 victory.
- May 27th - Forward Braden Christoffer signs first pro contract with the Bakersfield Condors of the AHL.
- May 28th - Dave Struch has Assistant General Manager added to his title of Assistant Coach with the Pats.
- May 31st - Oshawa Generals win Mastercard Memorial Cup with a 2-1 OT win over the Kelowna Rockets.
- June 11th - The Pats hire Brad Herauf as Assistant Coach to replace Darrin McKechnie.
- June 14th - Former Regina Pats forward Dyson Stevenson wins ECHL Championship with the Allen Americans.
- June 27th - Five Regina Pats selected in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. Sergey Zborovskiy (3rd rd NYR), Austin Wagner (4th rd LAK), Jesse Gabrielle (4th rd BOS), Connor Hobbs (5th rd WSH) and Colby Williams (6th rd WSH).
- June 30th - Graham Tuer rejoins the Pats as scout and liaison to the team.
- August 10th - Pats trade Jesse Gabrielle to Prince George for forward Lane Zablocki.
- August 15th - Sam Steel and Team Canada win gold at Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament with a 6-1 win over Sweden.
- August 15th - The Regina Thunder open the 2015 PFC season with a 49-32 win over the Winnipeg Rifles.
- August 16th - Regina Red Sox swept in WMBL Championship series with a 4-3 loss to the Lethbridge Bulls.
- August 21st - Pats announce Colby Williams out indefinitely with an upper-body injury.
- September 21st - Pats add 20-year-old forward Aaron Macklin in a trade with Prince George, sending a conditonal 7th round pick the other way.
- September 24th - The Pats and Warriors open the 50th WHL season in Moose Jaw. The Warriors winning the contest 3-1.
- October 1st - The Pats unveil their new jerseys for the 2015/16 season.
- October 18th - The Regina Thunder eliminated from the playoffs with a 17-3 semi-final loss at home to the Calgary Colts.
- November 5th - Pats trade goaltender Daniel Wapple to the Vancouver Giants for a 4th round pick and recall Jordan Hollett.
- November 8th - Saskatoon Hilltops repeat as Canadian Bowl Champions with 38-24 victory over the Okanagan Sun.
- November 13th - Pats captain Colby Williams makes his season debut against the Red Deer Rebels. he scored a goal and added an assist in an 8-5 win.
- December 13th - The Pats 15 game winning streak over the Saskatoon Blades comes to an end with a 2-1 shootout loss.
- December 18th - Defenceman Liam Schioler leaves the Lincoln Stars of the USHL and joins the Pats.
That's it for today! Hope you have a great 2016, Talk to you from Prince Albert tonight.