- It was a beautiful fall day for the Roughriders' final practice of the week Thursday at Mosaic. Saturday they host the Edmonton Eskimos at 5:00 in their final HOME game of 2015.
- I write HOME in all caps because several folks seem to think the season is over after Saturday. There are, in fact, two road games left.
- Riders coach Bob Dyce confirmed both quarterbacks Brett Smith and Keith Price will see action on Saturday. However he declined to say when and how much, and basically said "If I told you that, I might as well show you our game plan".
- Dyce also said their plan to go with younger players this week was derailed when a handful of those rookies proved in practice they simply aren't ready yet. When pressed on their identities, Bob wasn't interested in divulging them.
- However some of the "new faces" you'll see on Saturday include Keenan MacDougall at safety, Jake Doughty at LB and Chad Spann (#30) at running back. U of S Huskies grad Tim Agbaje appears to be penciled in at defensive tackle.
- There will be some vets sat down for this game and perhaps beyond. Some of them have not taken the news well. Dyce said those were tough conversations and it's part of the reason why they've played the vets so long this season.
- An interesting point was made by Eskimos quarterback Mike Reilly in the media this week. He said the Rider defensive players didn't change this season but their scheme did.
Food for thought.