**The Saskatchewan Roughriders have released veteran receiver #83 Alex Anthony. More coming...
Just a quick update from Day 11 of Rider camp:
- The club was back at SMF Field in Saskatoon, home of the Hilltops, for Wednesday's morning workout since Griffiths Stadium was booked.
- Weston Dressler continues to be a non-participant and was kept out of the daily interview session.
- Head coach Corey Chamblin said he's still deliberating with offensive coordinator Jacques Chapdelaine on how much playing time Darian Durant will get Saturday in Fort McMurray against the Eskimos. Durant will start - his first game action since last year's Banjo Bowl - but won't see past the first quarter.
- In the photo you see #14 Jamel Richardson watching from the sidelines. He said he's anxious to play in Saturday's match, his first game action since July of 2013 when he suffered that serious leg injury. He said he's excited for the comeback.
- Huskies product and former Stampeder Keenan MacDougall will start at safety Saturday night in place of the injured Tyron Brackenridge.
- Chamblin announced the hiring of Greg Cochlan as the team's Mental Conditioning & Leadership Coach. He's from the Pacific Institute, and is a Saskatoon resident.
That's really all there is for now. Check in with us on the SportsCage at 4:00 pm on 620 CKRM.
MORE DAY 11 PHOTOS
The location from where we broadcast the SportsCage daily on 620 CKRM...
Chamblin roams the herd during the stretching period before the afternoon workout...
Does this look like an uptight bunch? From left: Jeremaine Copeland, Nic Demski and Avon Coburne..
A couple helmetless shots of D-linemen Rory Connop and Alex Hall...
Rookie punter Ray Early awaits a snap from Jorgen Hus...
Rider President Craig Reynolds takes in the PM workout...
New Roughrider Mental Conditioning & Leadership Coach Greg Cochlan...
Huskies and CFL alum Scott Flory and Brian Guebert take in the morning workout. Flory is still CFLPA President...
The various reporters do their stand-ups after the morning practice.
Receivers sign autographs after Wednesday's workout...
The following is the Day 11 report from the 2015 Roughrider Training Camp from Rider PR:
International DL Robert Singletary (Texas-San Antonio; 6’2 - 250)
National WR Alex Anthony
INJURED/DID NOT PARTICIPATE:
International WR Korey Williams (day-to-day)
National WR Scott McHenry (day-to-day)
International DB Antareis Bryan (week-to-week)
International RB Terrance Cobb (day-to-day)
International S Tyron Brackenridge (day-to-day)
National DL Levi Steinhauer (week-to-week)
International DL Cameron Sheffield (day-today)
The Riders returned to SMF Field at Gordie Howe Park for the morning practice on the final full two-a-day of training camp. The pace was high as the team zipped through two team situation periods.
For the eleventh consecutive day the afternoon practice was played under perfect summer conditions with sunny skies and temperatures in the mid 20’s. The one hour and forty-five minute session was spirited and up-tempo.
PLAY OF THE DAY
Third year fullback Spencer Moore made a tremendous one handed diving catch at the one yard line and rolled in for the touchdown during the afternoon teams period.
QUOTE OF THE DAY
“Today is the last day, we got to make sure we finish strong. The days are kind of coming together on us, the legs are starting to wear out, but we are going to see through it.” Steven Miller on the last day of two-a-day practices
Players and coaches will hit the field for Day 12 of training camp with two on field sessions. The first walk through will take place at 9:45 am while the afternoon practice will run from approximately 3:00-4:55 pm inside Griffiths.
More to come later. Now to do a radio show...