Saturday, June 13, 2015
NORTHERN KICKOFF PREVIEW
SASKATCHEWAN vs EDMONTON at Fort McMurray, AB
SMS Equipment Stadium at Shell Place
8 pm Sask Time
TSN, CKRM Roughrider Radio Network (CKRM, CRUZ FM, CJGX, CKBI, CJNB, CJNS)
2014 (including playoffs):
Eskimos: 13-7 overall, 8-2 at home
Roughriders: 10-9 overall, 4-6 on road
- The forecast for Saturday's 8:00 pm kickoff is cloudy and 15 degrees Celsius.
- It's light out here in Fort McMurray until about 10:45 pm, however the stadium lights will likely need to be used.
- The Eskimos will have 65 players in uniform while the Roughriders have 77 on their roster.
- At last report, roughly 2000 tickets remain available for the Northern Kickoff in the 15,000 seat stadium.
- Saturday night's game will be the first football game played in the new facility which was officially unveiled on Friday morning.
- The Roughriders' preseason record in 2014 was 1-1.
- Eskimos veteran quarterback Matt Nichols is expected to get the start at quarterback for the Eskimos while Darian Durant will start for the Roughriders.
- Of the 68 players on the Eskimos' training camp roster, 19 found themselves on the team's injured list this week.
- Rider roster players by position:
- The Riders will have two players wearing #22: RB Sam Ojuri and DB Michael Carter.
- 620 CKRM's Roughrider Game Day pregame show hits the air at 5:00 pm with host Michael Ball.
- TSN's Gord Miller and Matt Dunigan will call the game on national TV.
- Dunigan joined 620 CKRM's SportsCage on Friday live from Boston Pizza Fort McMurray. Other guests included Roughrider President Craig Reynolds, Fort McMurray Deputy Mayor Keith McGrath, City Councilor Tyron Ault and former CFL receiver Kwami Osei who's now a teach and football coach in Fort Mac. You can listen to the podcast of the show at www.sportscage.ca.